tombo82685

Spring Banter 2017

109 posts in this topic

Well since we had spring in the winter banter thread maybe we will get summer in the spring banter thread. 

2 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Well since we had spring in the winter banter thread maybe we will get summer in the spring banter thread. 

I think I got tan golfing the last couple of days. 

1 person likes this

My neighbor had his monstrous pear tree which encroached on my property cut down today. 

I now get much better sunset/approaching storm clouds view from my living room. :ok:

5 people like this

Well I'm in the market for a new heater and central air unit.  I have a 3 ton AC unit now, thinking proactively, I will upgrade to a 6 ton unit to handle the onset of this global warming thing, and disregard buying the heater, won't need it next year...

4 hours ago, Qtown Snow said:

90's this month?

How about 9 instead?  

Captured.jpg

BTW I believe that min as much as I believed that widespread 1 foot of snow the 3km nam had for us in early January.

This is guitar playing, hula wearing worthy if it happens.  Single digit lows always occur with no snow cover and sustained northwest winds, in March.

3 people like this

8 hours ago, Rainshadow said:

How about 9 instead?  

BTW I believe that min as much as I believed that widespread 1 foot of snow the 3km nam had for us in early January.

This is guitar playing, hula wearing worthy if it happens.  Single digit lows always occur with no snow cover and sustained northwest winds, in March.

That would be a thing of beauty.. 3 times in the 0s club for vay, one can dream

Just now, tombo82685 said:

That would be a thing of beauty.. 3 times in the 0s club for vay, one can dream

Another reason to root for it, I will start playing Margaritaville during the Sandy talk on 10/14.

On 3/2/2017 at 10:24 PM, Rainshadow said:

How about 9 instead?  

Captured.jpg

VAY low 14....

i hate the upcoming clock change this weekend , WAY to early.

16 minutes ago, Qtown Snow said:

i hate the upcoming clock change this weekend , WAY to early.

Last weekend in March.  As much as I hate early sunsets, go back to the last weekend in October too.

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Last weekend in March.  As much as I hate early sunsets, go back to the last weekend in October too.

wonder if this is on Trumps to do list

1 person likes this

Well, I suppose that there is one of me in every group. :lol2: Me, I like the clock change this weekend, if for no other reason then the time change means not walking in the dark in urban NJ at 7 PM. Of course, the time change, which ever weekend it occurs messes up my cat.

I actually enjoy driving home from work around sunset/dusk.  The farm structures are always silhouetted beautifully against the dying light of the day.  I'm also one of those lucky souls that commutes westbound in the morning and eastbound in the evening.  I definitely don't miss driving into the sun both directions.

Should rename this winter 2017: A gamblers worst nightmare. Subtitled: "The next wave for sure."

Why are the weather gods playing on my face? I was just looking to see what facebooks weather feature looked like and it shows me this 

C3B0FA3C-30D5-4539-8F1B-65A2B7137EC1_zps

I was like that can't be right, so uncheck a real weather app and 

A1F95873-B3EA-4018-BF1F-4F1EAB76EB0A_zps

Stop the madness. Lol

With snow squalls in the forecast tomorrow, it's one of those days to avoid the usual roads that seem to have massive car smashes!

10 minutes ago, anthonyweather said:

Is there a thread for Tuesday's threat or am I missing it?

Sent from my LG-H900 using Tapatalk

Rocky 3 thread in short range area

So, I was thinking about cutting the grass this weekend before we receive the biggest snowfall of the season next week.  

My neighbor cut his yesterday afternoon. I thought I heard a lawn mower and thought "nah, couldn't be", but it was. He said he was mowing up some leaves and bagging them. Which he will throw out in the woods by his house and after the next windy day, they'll all be back in his yard.  It is a vicious cycle.

Well, 

On 3/1/2017 at 7:57 PM, tombo82685 said:

Now I realize what you were up to creating this thread last week...

cinema.majorleague.jobosmoking.jpg

1 person likes this

39 minutes ago, mshaffer526 said:

Well, 

Now I realize what you were up to creating this thread last week...

cinema.majorleague.jobosmoking.jpg

Any one sacrifice a live chicken yet? :o