tombo82685

Temperature/Obs/Boring Weather Discussion

1,373 posts in this topic

Seems fitting for this to start the thread...

2 people like this

hi from the desert. can i has a sw flow pattern?

Hi.  With our luck the southwest flow will come straight from Phoenix.

Hi.  With our luck the southwest flow will come straight from Phoenix.

LOL, somebody in the other board lifetime used to talk up a Sonoran heat release every summer

Definitely can see another cheap 90 at phl on Sunday

Rainfall 1.80" month to date IMBY. Lawns starting to crunch a bit. Corn leaf tips browning. 

Definitely can see another cheap 90 at phl on Sunday

Whatever the stat guidance is bet big on over for every non-cloudy day now. Bet even bigger for ABE. 

Whatever the stat guidance is bet big on over for every non-cloudy day now. Bet even bigger for ABE. 

Mitch, I'm curious as to why temps seem to be a bit higher up this way

Mitch, I'm curious as to why temps seem to be a bit higher up this way

Yes, it has occurred every day I've worked a forecast shift the last few weeks. Drier ground plus further away from the shore and even higher elevations. EC has done a reasonable job hitting warmer locations from Lehigh Valley into Hudson Valley.  Until we all get serious rain or the ocean warms a lot just going to keep riding this idea.  

Yes, it has occurred every day I've worked a forecast shift the last few weeks. Drier ground plus further away from the shore and even higher elevations. EC has done a reasonable job hitting warmer locations from Lehigh Valley into Hudson Valley.  Until we all get serious rain or the ocean warms a lot just going to keep riding this idea.  

Thanks for the great explanation. 1.80 rainfall mtd for me, 1.37 at KABE I believe. I hate to say it, but dry begets dry. Maybe we should change that phrase to Hot and dry begets hot and dry!

Hope we don't have a dissipating cold front this evening in terms of rainfall, but that could very well be reality. Tomorrow may offer some hope to for areas. 

Mowed the "straw" this weekend, just to keep the buckthorns down to a even level. It's dry, really dry. Not even sure its worth watering the lawn at this point because it would put my water bill through the roof, and its not even that hot yet. Once the heat really kicks in, watering will be useless. 

Welcome to the desert N. East.

Hope we don't have a dissipating cold front this evening in terms of rainfall, but that could very well be reality. Tomorrow may offer some hope to for areas. 

Looking at thunderstorm parameters, nothing really east of lns-abe really shows any sort of potential right now of sustaining storms, combined with late arrival. Tomorrow may be best shot for the area.

Quick chart below lists the current monthly precip totals and corresponding departures since 3/1 for the official Mt. Holly WFO locations, if there ever was a case of the haves vs. the have nots. ABE, RDG & TTN all below 9" while GED, ILG & ACY all over 14", TTN is currently only at 52% of the average precip since the start of met spring.

post-144-0-25031000-1467044212.png

Regarding river flow I was roaming around Washington Crossing yesterday morning & the Delaware is noticeable low, even algae starting to form on the stagnant sides of the river. Downstream the flow at Trenton is 43% of the mean flow for this time of year, as low as that is it's still more than double the lowest flow on record for this date. There were some ugly dry years during the 1960's, river must have been a glorified pond in spots at the height of those dry spells.

post-144-0-90772900-1467044247.jpg

post-144-0-67125100-1467044272.jpg

post-144-0-64477300-1467044307.jpg

3 people like this

Live audio from my yard right now

post-1-0-78386100-1467062899.png

1 person likes this

So are these showers going to survive into southern NJ? I sure hope so!

A whopping 0.04" so far. Crab grass will love this

Approaching a tenth of an inch...I'll take it!

well if we are going by the EPS, they say most of tomorrows activity should be east of the river.

Please share! :)

I wish I could, hopefully he stuff makes it's way past the river. Always tomorrow too for NJ.

1 person likes this