tombo82685

Lawn/Garden/Golf Thread

1,125 posts in this topic

About time for a new one

Yard shot first pic. Then second pic is what I have been working on the past 3 weeknds, finally about finished. The pond is 7'x5' 2-2.5' deep with a 13' creek flowing into it

post-1-0-97232900-1462308128.jpeg

post-1-0-69127400-1462308250.jpeg

7 people like this

Yard shot first pic. Then second pic is what I have been working on the past 3 weeknds, finally about finished. The pond is 7'x5' 2-2.5' deep with a 13' creek flowing into it

Great pictures. Is the statue holding an umbrella?  Anytime you need a free rolling creek, just let me know. ;)

Great pictures. Is the statue holding an umbrella?  Anytime you need a free rolling creek, just let me know. ;)

Thanks! Lol actually its a golfer.. that's me looking at my slice into the woods after every driver shot

Thanks! Lol actually its a golfer.. that's me looking at my slice into the woods after every driver shot

Lol. You wonder why I say all of the cell phone pictures are too small. I can't see. I looked at it on the nook and now I see its a Payne Stewart type cap. With all the rain lately, my mind has gone straight to umbrellas. ;)

Nice pond Tombo. Mr. Ferraro would be proud!

1 person likes this

Nice! Any plans of introducing any fish or frogs to that? 

Nice! Any plans of introducing any fish or frogs to that? 

The frogs come naturally to it.. fish are in there. Slowly putting in shubunkins and gold fish

The frogs come naturally to it.. fish are in there. Slowly putting in shubunkins and gold fish

Anticipate any problems with natural predators? Looks like you're in a suburban setting but still plenty of critters out there!

Tombo, do you have to "treat" the water?

Yea I put a product in there when I first filled it to take chlorine out for fish. Are you talking about something else?

Yea I put a product in there when I first filled it to take chlorine out for fish. Are you talking about something else?

No that's it. Do you have to worry about algae or other water issues or will it self clean.

No that's it. Do you have to worry about algae or other water issues or will it self clean.

I have a UV sterilizer which kills the algae and prevents the green water. Then filter that cleans the water

I have a UV sterilizer which kills the algae and prevents the green water. Then filter that cleans the water

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

Nice pond Tom. 

Can we fish it?

Ice skating in the winter? ;)

Nice pond Tom. 

Can we fish it?

Ice skating in the winter? ;)

Hula skirts guitar tour stop?  ;)

how do people in Seattle cut their grass when its always raining?

Mowed the backyard this morning. What a mess, I scraped out a bucket full of chopped wet grass sludge from under my mower when I was done. Mud tracks over a few soggier areas. I even used the weed whacker over the mower in a few spots.

^ I'm still good for a few more days. I did a cut on Saturday. I hope it dries out some for a late Sunday cut. Will need to use max height for deck.

I'm gonna try and cut mine today, Like to cut it every 3-4 days this time of year

I am about to cut mine now.  My neighbor is not making it easy on his side, he got new sod laid down and has been running the sprinkler every day for the last 10 days, rain or rain.

I am about to cut mine now wearing my hula skirt.  My neighbor is not making it easy on his side, he got new sod laid down and has been running the sprinkler every day for the last 10 days, rain or rain.

WOW, Pic's???  ;)