Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rainshadow

8/12 Rainfall, Thunderstorms Observations

38 posts in this topic

The anvil blowoff might weaken these things downstream below svr limits 

Yep, I'm prepared for a few sprinkles.

Got some thunder happening now. Light rain and looks like it is falling apart as it gets closer.  

Oh well. On to the next chance of rain?

0.00  woooo.  ;)

At least you got some thing Tom. 

My wife's uncle got a couple nice photos from the storms approaching his home in the upper Catskills, about an hour southwest of Albany.  

20729548_1520480738009451_44580233247111

20767728_1520480771342781_91443832295697

3 people like this

22 minutes ago, Rainshadow said:

Welcome to the goal posts:

past48.png.c33980cfd71605df8ee9e0ec4865f48d.png

What causes a split like this. Given the geography, and I'm on the Northern most goal post, I'm about 550Ft above sea level at my house, I can see terrain being a cause, but not the only one. 

57 minutes ago, cbelke said:

What causes a split like this. Given the geography, and I'm on the Northern most goal post, I'm about 550Ft above sea level at my house, I can see terrain being a cause, but not the only one. 

Terrain didn't have anything to do with it really. Fri night was just bad vort tracks like that split us. Also, all the convective aspects with each of them could of robbed the inbetween area of moisture. Like a subsidence zone. Yesterday I think was the anvils blow off just killed it. Downstream. The complex down by D.C. Could of also robbed moisture. Lastly, the convection could of just outran the main trigger mechanism which seemed sluggish in its westward movement 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, tombo82685 said:

Terrain didn't have anything to do with it really. Fri night was just bad vort tracks like that split us. Also, all the convective aspects with each of them could of robbed the inbetween area of moisture. Like a subsidence zone. Yesterday I think was the anvils blow off just killed it. Downstream. The complex down by D.C. Could of also robbed moisture. Lastly, the convection could of just outran the main trigger mechanism which seemed sluggish in its westward movement 

Thanks for the explanation.  

21 minutes ago, cbelke said:

Well euro and eps were decently bullish on some rain overnight Monday into tues. not much other support outside ukmet

5 hours ago, tombo82685 said:

Well euro and eps were decently bullish on some rain overnight Monday into tues. not much other support outside ukmet

The nam had it too, sinking south with it as of 18z.

5 hours ago, cbelke said:

Sorry, just saw the question, Tom explained it well.

Euro and eps still bullish on rain tomorrow. Other models starting to show something